For me, Romans 8 is like a laying in a quiet hammock suspend under a tree that is bright with autumn colors. I can hear a nearby stream bubbling over rocks, feel the bits of sunshine on my face as they poke through canopy, and feel a fresh breeze against my face. That place never gets old or boring, nor do the promises of Romans 8. They are unshakeable and most precious when everything else is crumbling down or tearing at the seams.
- God is for us, therefore nothing else in the universe can be decisively against us (v. 31).
- God graciously gives us all that we need (v. 32).
- No condemning accusation can be brought to God against us regarding our sin (v. 34). Jesus paid it all!
- There is no force of Satan or scheme of man that can separate us from the perfect love of Christ (v. 35).
- Wether we are experiencing mountainous trials, cutting accusations, sickness, want, danger or death we are more than conquerers (v. 35, 37).
“For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us form the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”