Hard times gain perspective by great truths. They help shift the focus from the pain to the promises. Here are 15 of them from the book of Ephesians
- I am blessed through Jesus Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.
- I was chosen by God before he spoke the universe into existence.
- He sees me as holy and blameless.
- By his will I was predestined to adopted into his family to the praise of his glorious grace.
- My sins have been forgiven. I have been redeemed.
- He has lavished on me the riches of his grace.
- He has made known to me the mystery of his will through Jesus Christ’s work.
- God has given me an inheritance.
- These promises are sealed by giving me the Holy Spirit. He is the guarantee.
- My inheritance as a saint is described as being the rich.
- God exerts the greatness of his power toward me as a believer because of the work of Christ on the cross.
- He will show me the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness.
- God is able to do more than I can ask or think.
- I have been saved by grace through faith. Not of works.
- I have been made alive in Christ.