Christ is the grand subject of Paul’s letter to the Philippians.
- Christ must be proclaimed. (1:18)
- His Spirit helps us in trials. (1:19)
- He is to be honored in our bodies. (1:20)
- He is to be lived for. He is to be died for. (1:21)
- We will be with him. (1:24)
- He is to be gloried in. (1:26)
- He is to be united under by us. (1:27)
- We are to suffer for him. (1:29)
- We are encouraged through him. (2:1)
- He gives us a new way to think. (2:5)
- He was a servant born in the likeness of man, had human form and was obedient to death. (2:8)
- Every knee will bow to him and every tongue will confess that he is God. (2:11)
- He has his own day. (2:16)
- We hope in him. (2:19)
- He has special interests and we are to seek them. (2:20)
- He has a work and we are to labor hard in it. (2:30)
We learn who Christ is. We know what he has done and will do for us. We find out what the mission is for his servants.
We are to proclaim, treasure, live, die, glory, unite, suffer, think, hope, seek and labor for Jesus Christ. He will sustain, encourage, and regenerate us. We are not to trifle with this Jesus. He is to be so much more than just believed.